Saturday, February 11, 2012

Allergy Friendly Valentine's Day Lollipops



Friends!  Here's an update on the lollipops.  They turned out so CUTE! The recipe for making them is HERE-Corn-free Lollipops .  This time I tried 100% frozen grape juice concentrate for flavoring.  I used about 1.5 Tblsps of thawed concentrate and it wasn't enough.  They still tasted good, but not like grapes.  So I will try 3Tbsps next time.   

I am sooooo excited that I found HEART SHAPED MEASURING SPOONS to use as molds.  I found them in the Target dollar spot, so if you head out there now, you might just find some.  I also have a mini-muffin pan with hearts in case this hadn't worked.  The muffin pan is not ideal because you can't control the distance between each mold, but I think it might have worked as an alternative.



I ran out of lollipop sticks, so I used the smaller measuring spoon to make small hard candies instead of lollipops. 

Note: be sure to be patient and wait for the lollipops to really reach hard candy temps.  I didn't let mine go long enough so they still made good lollipops, but they became floppy and sticky as we ate them.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment