Friday, January 13, 2012

Learning New Tricks

My Facebook post the other day was:

We made magic tonight. I mean, waffles. We made waffles and bacon tonight. Everyone ate the same adapted allergy-friendly recipe, and the same bacon that had no added "natural flavors." I can't tell you how nice it is that we are having more and more nights like this, when we all eat the same meal together because I'm finally learning how to cook allergy-foods in a way that all of us enjoy them! This is seriously answered prayer. God is so good.

As babies and early toddlers Z and S (our young twin sons) enjoyed their meals in high chairs.  They often ate their "safe" meals as I was cooking "a regular" meal for the rest of us (Me, my husband, A, and N -our first two sons).  I would make the twins' food in a big batch and reheat it.  But I didn't like this routine. They were separate from the family table.  Yes, it was easier to keep them safe this way, and as we learned how to keep them alive it was a necessary evil.  Our ultimate goal, however, was to get them to the family table.  This means no cheese, no butter, no bread, no eggs, and more. 



Back in October 2011, before their third birthday, I am happy to report that they have joined the family table!  Above is a picture of Z and S helping me take down their high chairs *tear*.  Such a milestone!! 

We're not fully allergen-free around here, but we're getting closer.  And as a result our home is getting healthier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment